Martial Arts for the Mind: Stress and Resiliency Skills for the Workplace
Gain clarity of mind and an increased capacity to meet and overcome life’s challenges. This experiential training provides a combination of cognitive training designed to get at the root causes of stress, along with clinically proven breathing, relaxation, and meditation techniques. Learn how to stop the stress response before it arises, and find effective ways to release it, once present. By practicing the techniques learned in this workshop, participants may see improvement in:
• Managing challenging work situations with greater calmness and clarity of mind
• Reducing stress using the simple breathing and relaxation techniques that can be done in just a few moments
• Relief from tension, chronic pain, and insomnia, among many stress-related health conditions
• Communicating more effectively with difficult co-workers
• Mental focus and productivity amidst 24/7 hyper-connectivity and distractions
Instructors: David Gamow and Karen Gamow have provided this training to over 30,000 people in a wide range of settings from high-tech to government. Their clients include NASA, Citrix, Nokia, Hyatt, GE, many Stanford departments over the past 20 years, and the U.S. Navy.